75100385

Hello. Back in September i noticed some suspicious activity

Customer Question

Hello. Back in September i noticed some suspicious activity on my sons account. Approx £1500 had been used from his savings account. I contacted the bank to inform them and then spoke to their fraud dept. They said the money would be back into the account the same day and not to touch the money while they carried out their investigations over the next few weeks.
I later found out that my other son had stolen my sons card and used to buy items online. I immediately contacted the bank to let them know and the man I spoke to said it would go as unauthorised use of the card and to wait for a further 3 weeks. if we were not contacted, the case would be closed.
It is now december, I had not heard from the bank, so my son has used the money for college equipment etc. I have now received a letter from the bank saying they require the money back in full.
I do not have the money to pay in full and I was told to wait up to 3 weeks which I did. Now 3 months later they are telling me he has to pay it all back?
What can I do?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/