12826847

I have been looking after my 27year old disabled granddaughter

Customer Question

I have been looking after my 27year old disabled granddaughter since she was a few weeks old, my husband and I are her carers and she lives with us. Her mother has rages were she verbally acts me, and each time ends up with the threat that she is the mother and we are only the grandparents and she can take her away at any time. This has gone on for years and I cannot take it any more, could you please tell me if we have any legal rights in the say of my granddaughter care. Thank you for any help you my be able to give me.
Does your Grand daughter have mental capacity at all?
Does she have an assigned Social Worker?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My granddaughter cannot deal with any of her legal rights, I have always been the person dealing with all her care and financel requirements. She has very complecated needs both medical and personal, she is not capable both mentally and personally of dealing with any part of her life. My husband and I have been her carers all her life. She does not have a assigned Social Worker. Hope this information helps.
Ha anyone applied to be appointed as her Deputy?