LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

hackneycouncil tenancy my father had sole tenancy for our

hackneycouncil tenancy my father had sole tenancy for our family council home from 1978. on his death in 1902 tenancy was passed to my mother my mum was disable and finally bed bound for the last ten years . helped by my sister and two brothers for the last seven years [ carers introduce last three years)to help them on my mums death two weeks ago my brother was told thier cant take on the tenancy. My sister who works full time on a goverment help people disable to work schema for the since 1998 a civil servant full time with a goverment pension. have they got a case?

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

I am afraid that as I understand it the law is that there can be only one succession to a secure council tenancy and that therefore the council are right when they say that your sister can no get the tenancy. I will double check this later when I have the relevant text books in front of me.

LondonlawyerJ :

Yes having checked this further I am sorry to say there can only be on succession ( transfer to another tenant on the death of the previous tenant). I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but I have a responsibility to give you the correct answer.

Customer:

thank you for answering my question.