29905560

Hi there, Please advise me what steps can I take to find

Hi there,
Please advise me what steps can I take to find out; of the colleagues at work as to who stole iPhone charger as I am certain that one of them has it at home. Legally, how can I prove it that individual has charger at home.
Many thanks in advance.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Proving that someone has a specific charger in their possession will be rather difficult because there are no unique identifying features that can state with certainty that the charger they have is the one you are after. Chargers are rather generic and they all look the same and cannot be identified separately - they are not like the iphones themselves which would have a specific serial number or the sim card installed in them which can identify them. So unless the charger in question had some unique identifying features which you know of and which you can show, then you will struggle to be able to prove that it is the one you claimed it is

Customer: My charger had this yellowish colour at both ends so I be able to recognise it. How can I request a search of the person house?
Customer: Thank you
Ben Jones :

you cannot request a search of the person's house, you can report this to the police as theft but it is then up to them to decide whether they will take the matter further and go as far as searching their house - all you can do is report it to them, but the next steps will be up to them, you cannot force them to search that person's house

Customer: Okay, i will report to police. But you don't think that police will take it seriously as it's just a charger?
Ben Jones :

well only they know, but if it is just a charger, which you can buy for a few pounds, then they may decide it is not worth their time to take this further as they will have other more pressing issues to deal with - it depends on the specific police force, how busy they are, etc - you will only find out once you report it

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer: Thank you so much! That is great.