Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

My wife and I are returning to the UK for up to 2 years for

My wife and I are returning to the UK for up to 2 years for work purposes; we live in Cayman and are British subjects. My wife has home assistance who is conversant with and an observer of my wife's medical condition; though not disabled in any way, she has to be under continuous 'early-warning' observation - specifically, this individual ,though not professionally trained, is familiar with conditional signs and mannerisms due to her years of service with us and being in our home; another such UK-local professional is not an option. We want to bring her 'aide' with us to the UK, and I am not of the opinion that a Tier 5 visa is appropriate. So the Q: what visa/permit options are available for this person to travel to the UK with us?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am willing to wait to get a correct answer. Please take your time.
Kind Regards
Andrew Farthing
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hi there is no special category for this. You can apply for a domestic staff visa but that only permits a 6 month visit. Tier 5 is nit appropriate. You would have to apply for a normal tier 2 visa and I am not at all certain you would get one. The current rules do not make it easy to bring domestic staff other than short term.
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still awaiting a bonanza fide and/or qualified answer, and thank you for your persistence.
I am sorry if you are not happy with my answer but to be clear. There was a category that allowed people relocating to the UK to bring in with them servants and established family retainers. It was repealed in 2013 as part of the current attempt to restrict immigration. It was replaced by a limited 6 month visa. There is no other special category and accordingly you have to either apply for a tier 2 general visa or try some other clever route like setting this person up with an entrepreneur visa to enable them to run their own business and for that you need £200,000 in investable funds.
based upon what you say I.e. That your wife's home helps has no technical qualification I think you will not be able to bring her with you unless you can fit her into a general category. there are specialist law firms that can help,you with this if you have the budget.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the expanded explanation which makes sense.. I appreciate you efforts and time.
Kind Regards
Andrew Farthing
Let me know if I can help further. The current political climate is making it quite difficult for a lot of people so it is quite frustrating.