Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
As mentioned in my initial question, do we now wait for the company to come good and resolve the situation, even though it has now been
3 months and we are still waiting to find out exactly what they will do to fix the problem. Or do we advise them that we have sought legal advice as to what steps to take to get the matter resolved.
Thank you for you reply and if you could continue to see if someone can provide some advice on this matter it would be appreciated. It may be that we need to give the company the opportunity to make good with the work to be carried out to fix the problem but they don't seem to be in any rush to assist. Many thanks Judy
We have not had any quotes to make good the work. As far as we are aware this should be covered under the guarantee for the initial installation. Since sending my last reply the company has now arranged for the Head Surveyor to call on Monday 5th January to assess the situation. I have listed the current information we have been given over the last 3 months below, none of which has either been correct or put in place. and also the comment made by the Installation Manager when I called the company the other day.
After speaking with Tony yesterday I was quite upset about what he said to me, in that when I mentioned we had paid out the full amount for the shutters and still had problems with the patio doors, to which he commented "well it is only one door we are talking about", but when you pay any amount of money for work you expect it all to be done properly.
If you need any additional information, please advise exactly what details you require and I will reply accordingly.
Do we still wait to see what their Head Surveyor advises when he calls on 5th January or get the additional quotes to put the job right as well as.