75100385

hi ! I have a gentlemen's agreement for the purchase of a

Customer Question

hi ! I have a gentlemen's agreement for the purchase of a vehicle. the agreement was with my ex employer who agreed £100 pound weekly would be paid until the sum of £8500 was cleared, I was unable to secure a written confirmation of the agreement as he was always indisposed . since my redundancy with him I have continued with the agreement even though its become hard to make contact with , just recently the tax expired and was unable to tax vehicle, I spoke with dvla explained that although I have been in possession of vehicle for nearly 15months I was advised that the vehicle should be in my name .I finally reached him and forwarded to him the amount for six months tax I also asked for green slip to log book he was reluctant to forward on .however due to lack of communication and only having 4 payments left to make I applied for a dvla log book. now that he has received a tax refund he has now replied to me stating that I have acted illegally and he will be notifying dvla of the fraugilant actions. I have proof of payment to which the bank has confirmed as from the 19/12/14 the final payment will be paid. have I acted illegally?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether anything has been in writing?
JACUSTOMER-ntaplnim- : No nothing in writing all verbal
Alex Watts : No you have not acted illegal.
Alex Watts : Fraud is where you intend to deceive to cause a loss. This is not the case here. This is a civil dispute and not fraud.
Alex Watts : You have not done anything wrong, you only have 4 payments left then the car is yours in full anyway
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/