How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70696
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Ive recently changed logbook on car with only thee payments left he been hard to reach and

Resolved Question:

Ive recently changed logbook on car with only thee payments left he been hard to reach and unwilling in the last 15months to put any agreement in writingi have proof of payment to previous owner for 8100 with final payment 19 dec 8500 which i should point out this was a gentlemans agreementand he was my boss . i was made redundant nov last year by him .how ive continued with sgreement. now logbook has been changed and road tax reambursed he has text and told me what ive done is ileagal and he will b contacting dvla and tell them an ileagal change of ownership .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am sorry but he is right. You cannot just change ownership in this way.
You do have a civil claim against him for non payment but you have to sue at the small claims court for that sum. You cannot enforce by changing ownership.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have every intension of paying the balance for the car but what can i expect