12826847

As the freeholder of my leasehold property can a local council

Customer Question

As the freeholder of my leasehold property can a local council directly contact and request funds from my building society (lender) for the re-imbursement of the sum of £2550? (they have threatened to do this)
This figure was forcibly levied as part of ‘major works to the property’ deemed necessary by the freeholder.
My property is one of four in a single block, my home and another are privately owned (leasehold) and two remain as council homes with tenants paying rent.
Enquiries of the council reveal that both leaseholders have to make a capital contribution whilst the council tenants make none.
I accept the conditions of the leasehold agreement but have always disagreed with the fairness of costs levied.
E.g. I am not eligible to request any repairs to my home, but conversely, I have to pay one quarter of the costs on every repair for council tenants.
There have been no repairs required to my property in 15 years..
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for reply,

I still require an answer to this question.

Furthermore, I have received a letter from my local council giving me 7 days to make arrangements for payment or they say they WILL contact my lender. (date expires 13th December2014)

Regards ***** *****

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Under the circumstances time is running out for my reply to the Council, and will have to seek legal advice locally.

Therefore I have no choice but to request a refund for the £18.00 paid for this enquiry.

Russ XXXXXX