29905560

I have just taken flexible retirement after 42 years service

Customer Question

I have just taken flexible retirement after 42 years service & have been reemployed part time i.e. 3 days per week indefinitely. My old contract finished & I took a calender month off as unemployed then restarted on a new part time contract. My employer says that I don't qualify for continuity of service regarding holidays etc. Is this correct. I was promised the part time job 6 months before finishing my full time job.
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Your continuity of service would be broken if you took more than a calendar week off between the old contract and the new one. So if you were not employed by this company for a whole month between contracts then your continuity of service would have been broken
Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks