LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

We have a public right of way through our property. One day

We have a public right of way through our property. One day my 3 year old came in crying because a man had snatched the stick out of his hand and throw it away. The kitchen door was open and be knew I was there but did not come and tell me his grievances or reason. When I confronted him he said my son had hit his dog. I agreed that was wrong but how could I have corrected my son if he didn't come and talk to me about it. He was utterly rude, shouting it was a public right of way. Has my son got no rights in his own garden to play. The stick was a branch with flimsy. The force with which the man took it from his hand left it red.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. How can I help you with this. You son of course has a right to play in his garden, I a not sure what information you are looking for? It sounds to me like your son may have been the victim of an assault.

Customer:

So what can I do to stop this man coming close to my children again. If it is a public right of way, but he assaulted my son can I stop him from coming through?