Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

I have been sent a letter from my previous employer asking

Customer Question

I have been sent a letter from my previous employer asking me to repay some £7k of commission. They allege that I fraudulently booked an order that inflated my commission figures and so they want ALL commission repaid.
Their letter states that they require repayment within 7 days or they will consider further action.
What steps could they take?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question. If their allegation has any substance then of course they can sue you for the money. they can only sue you for commissions not properly earned plus of course costs. You do not saying there is anything in their allegation but if not then of course you should respond denying it and ask for the evidence.