75100385

Good Morning I am a shopkeeper within the fishing tackle &

Good Morning
I am a shopkeeper within the fishing tackle & Bait trade, have been trading for 2.5 years I have been declined tackle accounts to be opened due to the friendship the reps of these accounts have with other owners. I have been continually given the excuse either the distance between shops or that the commodity is well distributed within the area, or that they just don't want to upset these other guys.
I feel I had to aim my shop more at the bait side rather than tackle. I have asked again over the past 2 weeks to open the accounts explaining that I will be investing a large amount of money to explained my business but still have been declined by some. I am being prevented from growing my business what advice can you give me please
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you have ever had an account, which they closed, or they have just refused to open one please?

Customer:

Hello Alex

Customer:

I have not had accounts with them before, but do with many others. they are just refusing to open one. Also they say about distance but do serve 2 shops within a mile radius. I am 2.3 miles from one and 3.3 from the other

Customer:

originally there was 5 tackle shops this then reduced to 3 so there accounts obviously grew bigger. however where I have opened my shop there was a previous shop that traded near here for 20 years which they served.

Alex Watts :

Ok - sadly there is not much you can do about his.

Alex Watts :

* this *

Alex Watts :

It is a commercial decision whether or not they allow accounts to be opened.

Alex Watts :

What you can do is write to the Competition and Markets Authority to see if they will investgiate.

Alex Watts :

You can't take the supplier to Court directly as you have no contract

Alex Watts :

So all you can do is complain to the CMA who can investigate your complaint.

Alex Watts :

Their website is:

Alex Watts :

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

so do I not have fair competitive rights

Alex Watts :

I agree, but you can't take action only the Government can against the supplier

Customer:

and I argue to the fact that they served a previous shop

Alex Watts :

Yes indeed. But again only the CMA can prosecute and deal with this sadly.

Customer:

and also some of them did say in there emails not at this time? so I feel that I am being boycoted by the other two shops to prevent me from growing

Alex Watts :

I agree, that is why you need to complain to the CMA. They can take action and prosecute for not allowing competition

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

thank you very much

Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything else for you?
Customer:

No Im fine now thank you, ***** ***** looked up the cma and it does look by what I read that I possibly could have a case. thank you once again

Alex Watts : Great. Can I help with anything else today?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/