UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I had a lovely westie pup. It used to nip me occassionally

Customer Question

I had a lovely westie pup. It used to nip me occassionally and my family were worried. When I was away, they gave the dog away to a training home. My family regret this significantly as it has caused me lots of upset and now health problems. I would like to get my dog back but the lady in charge of the home will not speak to me or give it back. I am happy to pay to buy my dog back. What is my legal position? and what do I have to do to get my dog back?> Sheila XXXXX

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sheila,
I am sorry but by giving the puppy away to the training home and them looking after it, the home is the owner of the puppy and they do not have to give it back to you if they do not wish to.
I am sorry but that is the law and you can do nothing about it. All you can do is to try reaching out to the home and see if they are willing to change their mind.
Sorry