Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Hi, roughly 18 months ago a friend that I looked after past

Customer Question

Hi, roughly 18 months ago a friend that I looked after past away. For a year prior to that he had requested I change his will as he was no longer in contact with the executor. Initially I refused then he fell ill and it didn't seem right. Social workers and council workers were involved and knew what had been asked of me, then sadly he passed away leaving everything to somebody he didn't want to receive it. Is there anything that can be done?
Sarah
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes am happy to wait.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I am afraid that if your friend was not happy with his existing Will, he should have physically destroyed it or made steps himself to prepare and sign a new Will. As it does not appear he did this, in law, his Will is still valid and his Estate has to pass to the beneficiary named in it.

The fact he wanted to change his Will is not sufficient for this Will to be called invalid.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but hope I have assisted you.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help

If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

Kind Regards

AL

AL