75100385

We went to the first hearing and the statements were laughable.

Customer Question

We went to the first hearing and the statements were laughable. He was saying he has no upper body strength at the beginning statement then near the end he's saying he dragged my husband across the garden, says he wasn't expecting my hubby even though he told him in a private message to come or he'd come to us, and best f all said the stick he used was just for restraint yet the police statement says a neighbour stated he was beating my hubby with the stick and there was blood on it. They want £4500 for injuries and loss of earnings, plus £1100 a month till he can return to work (he's a lazy sod, could be forever). My hubby pleaded not guilty as the statements not true, I can be a witness to say Steve was standing unaided and fine when I went to their house half an hour after the incident when he was falling about in front of the police claiming his back was so messed up. He's posted videos on Facebook of him walking to his garden, bending down, picking up a wash bowl full of water and pouring it over himself for the ALS challenge and walking a little stiff but same as always.
They're trying to turn everyone against us, they're threatening to turn up places to spite us, they're sure they'll get their money. My hubby doesn't work I'm the main earner, we have 5 kids and the only benefit he gets is Child a Benefit for his 2 and a joint claim with me for all 5 Child Tax Credits, we don't get any other benefit. If came yo court can we use Facebook as evidence? Can we hire a PI to get information to use in court as none of our friends want to get involved. They're saying they're going to try to claim through CIB (think that's right), would I have to pay them out if they can prove they're due it? Friends say they don't think he was even on the books for the 2 jobs he claims he had
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Yes you can use facebook but any evidence you intend to use must be disclosed to the Crown
Alex Watts : Yea you can hire a PI but again this evidence must be disclosed.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anythinf for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-3nn7zqmx- : If they were successful with their claim for injuries and loss of earnings would I have to pay? My hubby doesn't work and the only benefits we get are child benefit and child tax credits
Alex Watts :

Potentially if there was a civil claim yes.

Alex Watts :

But you could pay a nominal amount a month

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-3nn7zqmx- : Think so. If we can prove he wasn't employed before the incident and that he is walking around unaided at the moment would that help? We have mutual friends who don't wish to get stuck in the middle of this as witnesses which is why thought of getting a PI
Alex Watts :

Yes that would help of course, it may be its not worth them bringing a claim

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-3nn7zqmx- : They're hell bent on doing it, moaning to everyone they needed the money and hubby was gutless pleasing not guilty
Alex Watts :

Indeed. You can't stop someone bringing a claim but whether it would win is a different matter.

Alex Watts :

And also it may not be worth it, given the value

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/