75100385

Is my psychologist legally allowed to repeat our conversations

Customer Question

Is my psychologist legally allowed to repeat our conversations to my psychiatrist without my permission?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
No, that is not permitted under Data Protection laws.
You should ask your psychologist not to do so without your consent.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The conversation he passed on was also false and done so in order to protect himselfn not electing my psychiatrist to tell me. When confronted him (not about the breach) but about the untruth, he was a bit shaken then insisted I had said this to him. The whole episode has been destabilizing. I would like to know how serious this breach is ( difficult to prove it was also a lie on top) I can't face shopping him in but knowing that this is a serious issue helps me stand up for myself.
It is a serious issue to disclose information about you without your consent and it is a serious issue to lie as well as that is an ethical and breach of trust issue.

However, if you cannot prove this, it will be difficult to really take this further.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. The breach of contract is not difficult to prove as my psychiatrist passed stated repeated what I had ( supposedly) said in order to clarify why my psychologist had terminated. I hope I could trust my psychiatrist to not close ranks with the psychologist and affirm our conversation. As I said, before I tackle this with my psychologist, I want to make sure that I have been wronged as far as the breach goes, so that he doesn't try and make me feel foolish. You have already been helpful but I would like to know what possible outcomes would befall him if the BACP believed me?. Thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
No generally they can not disclose details without your consent.
If they disclose details then you can complain to the Information Commissioner. They can investigate the matter and see whether any rules have been broken.
You can register a complaint here for free at: www.ico.gov.uk
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/