UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Dear Sollicitors, I have created a multi vitamin pill, which

Dear Sollicitors,
I have created a multi vitamin pill, which gives me more energy and basically makes my life a lot easier, as a personal project. It's manufacturer by myself, using a mix of various vitamins, all within their range of daily approved dosage for humans. All are approved in the UK separately and have no known issue of negative interactions between each others.
I would like to set up a small shop to be able to sell these, to a small public in the vicinity of where i live. I wanted to know what is needed to do so ? In term of licensing, labelling ?
Guillaume
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
The main thing to establish is whether your product is a medicinal product or a dietary supplement.
From the information given, it is difficult to say whether your product is medicinal or a supplement, you should read this document to try and see what category your product is
http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/is-lic/documents/publication/con007544.pdf
If it is a dietary supplement, you are required to comply with food labelling regulations, see here
https://www.gov.uk/food-labelling-and-packaging/overview
If it is a medicinal product, you will need to be licensed by the MHRA.
May I help further?