75100385

Hello-i am being sent dozens of texts yesterday and now today

Hello-i am being sent dozens of texts yesterday and now today from a man I did painting work for few wks ago. He was a nightmare to work for but I ignored it and carried on painting front door as last job for a while. Then he claimed not to have money on him and would sort out following day as due to go finish door. He txt that night to cancel as rain was due but sis he'd sort money out. I then waited 24 hrs with him ignoring texts and calls but finally he insisted he brought money to my address. When I was paid I told myself never to go back but nxt day thought I would to give final coat to door as it dried with tiny bubbles in due to roller but was sanded ready for final coat. So waited for him to ask me back which he did. That should have been yesterday however as I was leaving to go he sent txt reminding me to bring filler and sandpaper. I'd already told myself if he didn't just let me get on with job I would not go so sent txt saying maybe he shd get so done else to finish as he couldn't just let me get on with it. He ignored this and kept texting to ask when I was going -this went on until 1130 last night when I asked him to stop sending texts so late. During the day he said he was taking me to court and emailed something to me but I've not looked at this due to the stress. I have offered to go do this coat on door on only when his wife who is lovely and I'm sure doesn't know of his behaviour but he's refused and now keeps sending text saying he needs new door. This is so stressful and I don't know what to do. If you want to know of other things regarding him whilst work was going on which was work related but odd pls ask. I am female by the way. Bridget Kirby
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

In reality does he need a new door or a simple repair all that is required?

Customer: It needs final coat of paint
Alex Watts :

Ok and he wont let you do it?

Alex Watts :

What value is he purporting trying to claim?

Customer: No idea since I owe him nothing as he paid for time .i even offered to post £20 for final coat I'd have charged normally but no. How can he possibly need new front door.
Alex Watts :

Indeed. Well dont worry that is the first thing.

Alex Watts :

In any event if you had been sent a claim form it would be sent by the court by post, not the Claimant by email

Alex Watts :

So dont worry about that. Given the value it would be a small claim anyway

Alex Watts :

But based on what you have said any claim is likely to fail

Alex Watts :

He has failed to allow you to complete the job and do a repair.

Alex Watts :

Therefore any Judge would be critical that he did not allow you to do that

Alex Watts :

In any event he would have to prove to a Judge that a new door was needed and the old one was beyond repair

Alex Watts :

based on what you have said, sadly I dont think he can do that

Alex Watts :

The Court would simply make no award and allow you to do a repair

Alex Watts :

If you are getting lots of texts this is harassmsne.t

Alex Watts :

* harassment *

Alex Watts :

I would therefore suggest you keep the text and go to the Police

Alex Watts :

The Police can go round and warn him to stop

Alex Watts :

If he continues they can prosecute him

Alex Watts :

He has no reason to send you this many texts

Alex Watts :

Customer: Easier said, he's like a dog with a bone . I agree with what you have said however it would mean me going to court? He's still sending text constantly. Can or shd I block him. Also shd I try and see his wife when he's not there. Whilst I did work there she kept apologising for him but of course unlikely to back that up.
Alex Watts :

I would not block him, IF it went to Court and that is an IF you can show the Judge his unreasonable behaviour

Alex Watts :

But go to the Police if he continues

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer: I have been thinking all day of going to police to be honest
Alex Watts :

I would.

Alex Watts :

It is harassment

Customer: No thank you very much, you've just confirmed my instincts. Thks again
Alex Watts :

Great. Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: Hi just called Police and they are going to see him and come see me tomorrow. They also said its harassment . Feel rather better now so thanks again
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience