75100385

Hello,In 2010 I got into a masters programme at the London

Hello, In 2010 I got into a masters programme at the London School of Economics on the condition that I got a 2.1 degree for my B.Sc. at the University of Manchester. I did not get that and because I found that strange I deferred my entry to the masters programme and appealed against my final result. The University of Manchester rejected my appeal on school and faculty level but on the university level they found out that two of my final exams were not marked properly as the examiner forgot to mark one out of four questions on both therefore I eventually got the required 2.1. As the appeal proceure was rather lengthy and I was not sure about the outcome I enrolled in another masters programme in the meantime. I received the final verdict from the University of Manchester after the first semester therefore I decided to finish the master I was already enrolled in and completed the master programme at the LSE the next year. I did an internship after my second year at the University of Manchester and I got a conditional job offer from the company I worked at that required a 2.1 degree result. As I initially failed to achieve that I did not get that job. The cost of the masters programme at the LSE increased from 2010 to 2011. After graduating from the LSE in 2012 I got a job that I definitely would not have gotten with a B.Sc from the University of Manchester especially with a 2.2 degree result. I would like to get compensation from the University of Manchester for the following: -increased tuition and living costs in London -unearned profit from having to study one year more -missed a well paid job offer in a difficult job market due to mistake of the university -penalty for making such a huge, life changing mistake. As most decent jobs in the UK require a 2.1 degree have not I appealed I would have got zero chance to get a decent job. I am seeking: -2000 pounds for the tuition increase, 1500 pounds for the increase in rent and other living expenses -60000 pounds for unearned profit -100000 pounds for making such an unacceptable mistake. What is your opinion about my case? Many thanks and kind regards, Ivan XXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am ok with with continuing to wait for an answer.

Ivan

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Alex,

Thank you for the reply.

Would you please clarify whether I should seek compensation for unearned profit due to the fact that I had to stay in education an extra year and as a penalty for making such an unacceptable mistake that would have had profound effect on my earning potential through out my career?

Kind regards,

Ivan

You are claiming loss of chance, this can be quite hard. But if you know for certain you would have suffered that loss then yes it can be claimed Ivan.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex!

Happy to help. Please remember to rate my answer before you go today!