UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I would like to accept a position with a new UK company.

Current visa detail - T2 ICT Long Term Leave to Remain, Restricted Work, C2I6F74852V / RD5026113 - Valid until 29-04-2019, Place and date of issue: UK 23-04-2014; Application first received by UK Border Agency on 06 April 2011. This date is important because immigration law changed for any visa issued after this date... literally made the cut-off on the same day.
What are my options? Many thanks, David
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
On what basis was your application submitted on or before 6th April 2011?
Did you then change to another company and submitted another application thereafter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thank you --

There was no change in company, I was an employee of the American company, then transferred to the UK company. No change. I would like to make a change to a new company. Am I restricted on my current visa? I need to understand my options.

Regards, David

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If you applied for a visa prior to 6th April 2011, then you will not have any issues applying to switch to a Tier 2 general visa and a new sponsor. Provided that your application was not subjected to the rules in place after 6th April 2011 then you will be able to to apply to switch to a new sponsor and the tier 2 general category.
Please see the following link in particular page 7 and 8:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/370522/Tier_2_Migrant_Policy_Guidance_v0_6.pdf
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.