LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Bought a dress from a dress boutique here in the UK for a

Customer Question

Bought a dress from a Indian/Asian dress boutique in Dachet Berkshire UK for a special occassion that had to be cancelled two hours after buying the dress...contacted shop owner following day who said that they would not offer a refund yet only exchange. I would like a full refund as the dress will never be worn....any worthwhile advise to reclaim my monies & return the goods which are not faulty....?

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, i am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

JACUSTOMER-l65gquqk- :

Hi....can you advise please?

Customer:

Unfortunately if the dress is not faulty the shop do not have to offer you your money back unless they have agreed to do so as part of the sale contract or decide to as a gesture of goodwill. In fact they do not even need to offer an exchange so perhaps you should take advantage of that offer. I know this is not the answer you were hoping fro but I have to give you the right answer.

JACUSTOMER-l65gquqk- :

If I were to write an official letter giving evidence would this help

Customer:

No, there is no right for you to enforce.

JACUSTOMER-l65gquqk- :

Why can retail high street brands offer full refunds & not boutiques

Customer:

It is a voluntary thing and not something enforced by any general consumer law. The high street chains presumably do it to improve customer service and this boutique chooses not to.