UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am a British born citizen, married to a Jamaican citizen.

I am a British born citizen, married to a Jamaican citizen. My husband who lives in Jamaica has been involved in a road traffic accident out there. He has two severely broken arms and a broken foot which has been pinned. He is not able to take care of his self or work at this moment in time and need family support which can only be given to him over here.
How do I apply for an emergency visa?
Would he be able to receive medical treatment over here?
How long would any process take?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
1. You can try and apply, and give reasons why you wish for the visa process to be expedited, you would require a letter from the doctor confirming what you have stated and the urgent need for your husband to be in the UK an obtain treatment.
2. If he is coming to the UK simply to receive medical treatment then he would need to apply for a medical treatment visa using the link below, the medical treatment received must be private:
https://www.gov.uk/private-medical-treatment-visa/overview
3. As stated at point 1, the process can be expedited depending on the reasons given but it can take around 3-4 weeks for a visit visa application or medical visa application to be decided.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can I apply for a residential visa,

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes he can apply for a spouse visa to join you in the UK, you would however, need to ensure that you meet the financial requirements of £18,600.00 gross for the previous 6 months. You would need to provide evidence that you are married and evidence that you have been keeping in contact with your spouse.
His visa will be issued for 2.5 years. You can apply using the following link:
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
I hope this clarifies the matter.