13262538

my partner for 11.5 years has left me. we have a house in wales

my partner for 11.5 years has left me. we have a house in wales I paid for it but her dad put it in her name. half mine yes?? also for three years we lived in her house in London I put time and money in it till we left, I belive as we had a pagan wedding three years ago and have been renewing it each year I can claim half of that as the law changed this year.
How much is the house in Wales worth and why was it placed in her name if you paid for it?
What financial contribution have you made to her London property?
What makes you believe that there has been a change in the law?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

her father bougth the house so we could live near him he paid £128000

I have spent 30000 repairing it but it has been valued at 125/130000.he put it in her name as it was easer for him. she did not make any contribution to the purchase or the loan to build the consevertry.

I did running repairs as the house is run down and paid for the materials so I could build an extention and new pourch, I built a new patio and land scaped the garden as well as decorate and got a new carpet for the front room,I paid and laid brick pavers on front garden. I was told as we had a paigan wedding it is recognised now like the normal weddings houses in that area are selling for 330/360000

Was there a Registrar in attendance at your Wedding?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just a pagan wedding. I spent money and time on the house in London but have no recites only a bank statement that I paid a large sum of mon ey to pay off her credit cards.

Did the work done on the Welsh property not increase the value at all?
What work did you actually do on the London property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

House prices have crashed and I think I have spent £30K on the house as some items were for us not gain. The whole house has been re built and changed and has taken me eigth years to do as she kept changing her mind and I had to re do things. I have also land scaped the garden and built a large work shop.

I paid for brick pavers and laid the front of the house as a big drive area. got the bricks for the front pourch Paid for concrete and laid footings and got all materials for a side extention 14ft wide and the length of the house she got the poly carb sheets but I built it. I got the landing window and fitted it. got all the materials to make a large patio in back garden and put a path in turfed the area and tidyed the garden. decorated the house and got a new carpet for front room.I did other modifications to the house. got a new cooker, fridge washing machinere built down stairs loo new doors on loo and kitchen door.she paid the bills but I got a lot of the food for us and her two sons who did not pay rent or for food

How much has the work that you did on the London property enhanced the value?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know it doubled the down stairs area for living , sinse we left the house has been trashed by her two sons who live there rent free and the house has de valued. At the time of the work 2004/5/6 I spent several thousand pounds on the property .

I do need your best guess on the London property I am afraid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would think £3000 when I did it but her lads have wrecked the place, property in the area without the extention are selling for three hundred and thiry-three hundred and sixty thousand. she is aderment that this house canot be couted in any setalment and that her father gifted bth propertys to her but I can prove I paid a lump sum for the welsh house

I am sorry - I thought you said that her father purchased it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

her, father purchased the house in London 30 years ago and signed it over to her in 2003 I moved in in feb 2004 for 2.5 years when I did work on the house. her father bougth the house in wales till I sold my property near mold, he gave me a large discount when I paid him for two reasons 1 he had not seen his "little girl" so happy and had carmed down in her actions.

2 we both had agreed to move near him as he was dieing of cancer and his with has alsimers and we agreed to look after her when he died. she paid no money towards the house as I had to bail her out of credit card det

Did you repay her father the full £128,000 and do you have evidence of it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no we came to an agreement that he would take most of the money but he did not want all as he was happy that we agreed to look after his wife for as long as we could when he died and also he was happy that jude was happy and had stoped been a wild person when she met me and us been together. I paid a lump sum of around £88K and I gave him around 2K cash. she did not pay anything as she was in det and I bailed her out with 7K . The bank have givin me statements showing payments.

So you paid him £90,000 for the property
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I can prove 88k but not the 2k

The first thing to say is that there has been no change in the law.
Your marriage is not recognised by the State and accordingly the family Court has no role to play in the division of the financial assets.
This being the case you are reliant on Property Law to recover your investment in these properties.
Your claim on the Welsh property is straight forward.
You paid her father £90,000 and that being the case you certainly have a claim for a 70% share of the equity.
Your claim on the London property is much less clear - but if you paid for work that enhanced the value of the property then you have a claim on it - limited to a percentage which is linked to the value added to the property.
Your starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk.
If this fails then you will have to look at Court action using the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act.
You can read more here
http://www.slatergordon.co.uk/media/2347003/land-disputes-a-guide-to-procedure.pdf
I am sorry not to give you the news you hoped for
Please ask if you need further details