75100385

The local council have taken 3 months to make a decision over

The local council have taken 3 months to make a decision over extending double yellow lines. I objected strongly to their decision as this will lead to regular blocking of our drive.
Is there any right of appeal against such orders?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Generally this is no formal right of appeal.

Alex Watts :

However what you can do is several things;

Alex Watts :

You can complain to your local Councillor. They are there to do your bidding and if you are unhappy with something, your local Councillor can represent you and make arguments.

Alex Watts :

You can write to the Chief Executive Office. They will manage and consider complaints by the public. That department will consider the matter independently and decide whether or not it should be upheld.

Alex Watts :

If it is not upheld then you can make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can be found at: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

Finally you have an option of a Judicial Review. This is where a Judge sitting in the High Court looks at the decision to see whether it is one which is made legally and is reasonable.

Alex Watts :

The Judge can either agree with the decision or remit it back for further consideration.

Alex Watts :

You are unlikely to get legal aid for a Judicial Review as the rules have changed and you would need a Solicitor to prepare papers and a Barrister to represent you in the High Court. But if you win there then you could claim your costs

Alex Watts :