75100385

Hi That was quick! I have £10K of bonds in a company called

Hi That was quick! I have £10K of bonds in a company called Merchant Turnaround Plc. They disappeared without without trace, then my Stockbroker was shut by the FCA for misconduct. I have tried to get money back from the FSCS but they say there is no evidence of negligence on the part of the Stockbroker and Merchant Turnaround were not FSA regulated. Now the company has admitted its new address but does not respond to letters. I am told that about half its funds may still exist, so how can I get some money back without running up huge legal bills? Would a Small Claims Court be able to help? Kind Regards Stephen
Alex Watts :

Hello Stephen my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

Thanks Alex, That seems to answer my question. I shall follow this up as you suggest. Many thanks.