13262538

Hello can you give me advice please? myself and my wife have

Customer Question

Hello can you give me advice please? myself and my wife have separated with no chance of making up. I want the house and children, she is an unfit mum and endangered the lives of my children whilst having an affair.
Our mortgage (that i personally have paid every repayment from my bank account for the last 10 yrs) is currently in my name and her maiden name with Nationwide. She never bothered to take our marriage certificate to a Nationwide Building Society to change her name and give new sample signature. Im asking if i have any right to 100% of the property when we part ways if she is not currently the properly named 50% beneficiary of the property?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The fact that her Maiden name is ***** ***** the paper work has no relevance to the ownership at all.
Your wife is entitled to use whichever name she wishes.
Indeed even if she were not named on the title deeds at all she would still have a financial claim on the property.
Please ask if you need further details