the contract is Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and we received a section 21 notice to leave in 2 months. as mentioned that has been withdrawn but another is due to arrive etc
The AST is only a 2 month contract but because of the tenancy deposit situation ie our deposit is still officially with the previous agent of 15 years and awaitng our signature to transfer it, does that impact on the situation atall? if we cant negoitate more time because of my partners medical condition, could we apply for a court order to delay leaving till he recouperates?
isn't it good practise and polite to notify tenants that an agent is changing? seems rather unfair to serve a s21 on long term tenants without warning especially when they live next door. If we dont sign and authorize the transfer of the deposit to the new agents does that mean anything, or does it just hold up us receiving the deposit back when we leave? Do we have any rights atall or is it simply relying on the goodwill of the landlord who now knows about my partners health and might give us more time to find new place etc
sorry for delay in reponse, so basically are you saying that legally the tenancy deposit still being with first agent till we authorize transfer in no way effects the landlord serving an S21. And its really down to personal negotiation with him as to whether we can extend living here for a bit longer till my partner is stronger and ready to move.? seems very weighted to the landlord. thanks.