13262538

my ex has been asked several times to return my car and caravan

Customer Question

my ex has been asked several times to return my car and caravan key but she refuses, also her new lover has my guitar and he wont return it what can I do is it theift but will the police do any thing
Did she give the Guitar to her new boyfriend?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took the guitar to his house as he said he knew some one who wanted to bye it off me , I found out the same day that she had stayed with him all week after walking out on me and that day she told me she was leaving me (for him) I knew nothing of this at the time.he still took the guitar and he has been asked by friends to return it but after 5 weeks still wont give it back. they spend there time living in his house or at her mothers where she is supposed to care for her mother they have had time to retrieve it and a friend has offered to pick it up from her house for me.

How much is the guitar worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

around £400 including the semi hard case.

There has been no theft as you gave the guitar to him yourself for sale.
However you are entitled to either the return of the Guitar or its monetary value and you can apply to the court using the Money claim online system
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
The key is a little more difficult - but you can identify how much it will cost to change the locks and sue your ex for that - and you can ask the court for either the return of the key or the money!
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details