How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3652
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Hello, I am a Romanian citizen living in UK for almost one

Resolved Question:

I am a Romanian citizen living in UK for almost one year now. I registered as a Self Employed, I have the UTR number and NIN and I will have a child next year in May. My question is: am I entitled to free health services to give birth to my child in a public hospital here or do I need to pay? Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome
If you are entitled to reside in the UK, pay national insurance and tax here, then you are entitled to free health care from NHS.
You contribute to it, so there is absolutely no reason why you cannot benefit from it.
You will need to go and register with GP - and then they will advise you where to obtain pre natal care.
Kind regards
Alex J. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you