Hi. I am disputing a claim by a finance company over a photocopier

Hi. I am disputing a claim by a finance company over a photocopier contract and I need to complete the Form N181. Do I need to contact the solicitors who are acting on behalf of the claimant before I fill this form in?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : No you can complete this yourself.
Alex Watts : you don't need to contact the other side before you fill it in, but you should send them a copy as well as sending it to the court.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Hi Alex, I'm not clear about the pre-action protocol section, when it asks whether I have complied fully with the relevant pre-action protocols

Alex Watts : If you are the defendant you don't need to worry about this, it's mainly for the claimant, so leave it blank
Alex Watts : Does that help?

I think so. But if in section A - Settlement I indicated that I wish to settle the claim before hearing and want a one month stay, do I need to fill in the rest of the form?

Alex Watts : Yes you need to complete the rest, even if you want a stay
Alex Watts : Because if the other side don't also tick yes the matter will proceed
Alex Watts : Does that help?

Hi Alex, I'm sorry for stepping out, I had to deal with a phone call.

Alex Watts : Sure. I will be in court at 2pm as well!

Will it matter if I don't tick a box on the pre-action protocol section? And what does section D1 mean when it ask if I have made an application in this claim.

I won't keep you after this last question.

Alex Watts : Sure,
Alex Watts : I can help even after 2pm but my response may be delayed until this afternoon

Ok, thanks. I hope to get the form off today.

Alex Watts : Ok good.
Alex Watts : Is there anything else I can help with in relation to this question?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience