75100385

I placed an order with Anglian Windows ,as a hinge on an existing

I placed an order with Anglian Windows ,as a hinge on an existing installed double glazed window had become faulty , but a local qualified glazier has since fitted new hinges.
I therefore cancelled the said order by using the cancellation slip on Anglian Windows order form and sending it off to their legal department , as it was after their seven day cooling off period was quite prepared to forfeit my deposit of £195
This morning an Anglian windows rep., rang to arrange a date for installation of said window . I told him that I had since cancelled the order by informing your legal dept.,
He told me that I was liable to pay 80%of the cost . Do I have any recourse ?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
Alex Watts : For now please let me know when you placed the order and when you cancelled?
Customer:

have only surveyors date 2 12 14

Customer:

cancelled 10 12 14

Alex Watts : Do you know what date you placed the order or was it on 2nd as well?
Customer:

I HAVE FOUND THE ORDER DATE 1711 2014

Alex Watts : I am sorry to say that you are actually out of time as such to cancel the order.
Alex Watts : you are permitted under the regulations 14 days from the date of order to cancel it
Alex Watts : This means you have 14 days from 17th November or when they provided you with the cancellation notice.
Alex Watts : It would appear you are outside of this gime.
Alex Watts : However they can't peanlise you as such for this,
Alex Watts : You would be liable for work done and admin from 17th November until they cancel.
Alex Watts : But you can cancel but they can't claim 80% because that work has not been done.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

sorry did I give you the wrong date ? the date on the order form was 27th of november and and has my signature as proof

Alex Watts :

Ok - if you cancelled within 14 days they can NOT charge you anything and they have to give you a 100% refund

Alex Watts :

You have a right to cancel within 14 days without any penalty. You are JUST within it.

Alex Watts :

Please see:

Alex Watts :

https://www.gov.uk/doorstep-selling-regulations

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer:

thankyou no thats fine