Dear Sir or Madam I have been sent this statement by the

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam
I have been sent this statement by the GMC, a medical regulator:
'The allegation we are considering is that your fitness to practice is impaired by reason of misconduct'
An expert to the GMC then says 'you have been accused'......on three occasions in his report to the GMC
What is the difference between both statements, in law. In the dictionary they seem to be two very different things.
If they are significantly different in law, is it possible that the expert could potentially be biased in his report because he does not appreciate the difference in English or the law.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : You want to know the difference between accused and allegation ?
JACUSTOMER-1z91njxk- :

yes, in the context that I laid out

Alex Watts : Ok In reality not.
Alex Watts : an allegation is something that is said to have happened.
Alex Watts : Being accused is someone saying something has happened.
Alex Watts : This is why in court lawyers say the alleged offence, because it has not been proven.
Alex Watts : They can refer to the defendant as the accused
Alex Watts : It means the same thing in a legal context,
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts : I think the fact he uses the different words does not make him biased.
JACUSTOMER-1z91njxk- :

No thanks, ***** ***** happy with this clarification

Alex Watts : I am sure the expert is not a lawyer.
Alex Watts : Can I help with anything else?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need more information on another matter, which we discussed last week - the issue of a forged signature. Can I use this page to continue or go to the previous discussion trail?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If you could ask a new question please.
But start it for Alex W and I can help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For Akex Watts

What is the legal status of this situation: A client's husband forges the signature on a 'complaint form' [for example a GMC complaints form]. I understand that the wife can complain. But assume she does not complain, and can give retrospective permission to the forgery.

Does the person who has been affected by this forgery [with retrospective consent] have any rights with regard to the status of the official complaint. With the GMC for example? Perhaps not, but will/can continue their investigation.

Is forgery of this kind a crime?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is this a new question, if so the site rules are that you need to post a new one.
But put if for Alex W and I can pick it up!