LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Hello Do I have legal right to buy the freehold of my property?

Do I have legal right to buy the freehold of my property? Even if there is only two flats in the block, or a flat above a shop?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

The fact that there are only 2 flats is not necessarily a problem but if more than 25% of the internal floor area of the building, excluding any common parts, is neither used or intended to be used purposes then the building will not qualify.

LondonlawyerJ :

And also there is no right of collective enfranchisement where: the building is a conversion into four or fewer flats; and not a purpose-built block; and the same person has owned the freehold since before the conversion of the building into flats; and he or an adult member of his family has lived there past 12 months