75100385

We have had Anglian windows installed at the end of October

We have had Anglian windows installed at the end of October but two of the windows and a side door were made to small and they were packed out. We complained, a manager came out the same week and agreed that they should be replaced and it would be done within 2 weeks. We still have not had a date for the installation of the replacements and we keep phoning them but keep getting told that they haven't arrived at the depot. No manager will talk to us and it did hold the job up as we are having our bungalow rebuilt into a house. Can you advise us on what we should do next.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you know the cost of going elsewhere and if this is more than you paid?

Alex Watts :

Have you paid Anglian yet?

Customer: We have already paid for them as we didn't realise what the fitters had done until our builder had a look and pointed it out.. We haven't gone anywhere else as we also have a front door and side panel on order with them and have paid a deposit on it.
Alex Watts :

Ok - do you know the cost of getting replacements etc?

Customer: No we don't know what it would cost to have the 2 windows and side door replaced.
Alex Watts : Can you get quotes for that?
Customer: We are away at the moment but will get quotes when we get home next week
Alex Watts :

Ok

Alex Watts :

You dont need to tell me what the quotes are as I can still tell you the process. Once you have the quotes this forms your loss.

Alex Watts :

ou need to write and set out your losses and request they do the work or pay your loss within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer: Thanks very much. I phoned Anglian again yesterday and said that I was disgusted with the way we had been treated as the delay is now 6-7 weeks and it is holding up the works . The lady I spoke to said that she needed to speak to a Field Manager after calling up our details and she would phone me back.
Customer: I phoned Anglian Windows yesterday and the girl I spoke to called up our order and them said that she needed to speak to a Field manager. She phoned back after her conversation with him and gave us a choice of 2 dates of the 22nd or 23rd. We have opted for the 23rd as the builder travels up from Dorset on a Monday morning and might get held up in traffic. Anglian have now promised to do the installation of the two new windows, side door, front door and side panel on the 23rd so we will await the outcome and hopefully fingers crossed it will be sorted out
Alex Watts : Great. If not take the steps I suggested
Alex Watts : But please do rate my answer so the site credits me for my time. Thanks
Customer: I phoned Anglian Windows on Monday to be told that they could offer us two dates for the replacement of the two windows and side door also the front door and glass panel. This was after the girl I spoke with contacted a Field Manager. We have requested the work to be done on the 23rd December so will wait the outcome.