12826847

I use the services of an ex partner

Customer Question

I use the services of an ex partner to manage the rental bookings of my Villa in Portugal. We agreed a formal agreement document in November 2014 . However, the law in Portugal has changed and a requirement to have a letting licence known as an AL number becomes law from the 27th December 2014 . As part of that Law it is illegal to advertise a property for rental without showing the AL number and I have asked my ex to withdraw the house from the web site until I get the AL Number in January 2015, she refuses to do this and is demanding an outrageous sum of money as compensation for commission loss and I have asked her to provide me with details of any enquiries and she has refused to provide details. My query is should the Portuegues revenue check and find my property advertised without an AL Number and fine me as the owner would I be able to seek compensation form my ex as I have warned her on numerous times of the law regards ***** *****

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I get a refund ? if I close the question

Yes, we can refund the payment on request. Please confirm if you would like me to do this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please refund me the payment

regards

Graham XXX