12826847

I'm renting a property and one of the rooms is leaking when

Customer Question

I'm renting a property and one of the rooms is leaking when it's raining. It's quite frustrating as there's mould in the ceiling and the smell is not great. We've been advised not to use the room and try not to switch on the lights for the time it's taking to be fixed.
They (estate agents who also manage the property) brought three different companies to get opinions and quotes and they all said that the roof needs to be replaced.
It's already been a month since we first told them abou this issue and we are now waiting for the replacement (waiting for the permission to come through and then put the scaffolding up etc).
Are we supposed to put up with these conditions until it's fixed? Are we expected to stay in a house where one of the rooms is not habitant?
What type of contract is this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a one year contract for a residential property (2 bedroom house)
Is it an AST?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Still haven't received any answers even after two additional questions from the solicitors side. Now she's off line
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.