How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34106
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am trying to locate the firm of solicitors who I believe

Resolved Question:

I am trying to locate the firm of solicitors who I believe held my wife's uncle's will but have been informed that they have ceased trading. They were Gowen & Singletons, Keeley House, 22-30 Keeley House, Croydon, CR10 1TE.
Search of The Law Society website and Google have proved fruitless plus a search of the address shows no solicitors trading from that address.
Have you any idea how I could find where all their papers/cases may have been transferred to.
Many Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
As a starting point I suggest that you contact this firm
who may well be a successor practice.
Failing that the Local law Society
should be able to inform you who took over the practice.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you