tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Hi. I pruchased some bathroom goods online from a German company

Hi. I pruchased some bathroom goods online from a German company called Reuter, the purchase was a shower screen & kitchen tap. the delivered happened while i was away and delivery was took by my builder. The tap was not included in the delivery. the delivered not was signed by my builder. The delivery note is in German and states one item as in 'one order' so impossible to tell that there should have been more than one item, unless you had details of original order. Paid for by bank transfer no card used.
Reuter refuses to take any responsibility and its a 400 Euro tap, what is my next course of action? Being a German company and internet based i presume i can not go down the normal county court route?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can help with this.

tdlawyer :

You could sue here in England, unless there is something in their terms and conditions that says you can only sue in Germany.

tdlawyer :

However, it's obviously more difficult to enforce against assets in Germany, because you need to lodge the Judgment that you get in England against them in Germany. That said, not many cases like this require enforcement steps to be taken, and perhaps just issuing a claim in England and serving in Germany will be enough to make them deal with the issue and pay up or deliver another tap.

tdlawyer :

Either that, or they would have to travel to England to defend the claim, and the cost of doing that is likely to make it more senisble just to pay up.

Customer:

ok thanks based on information supplied what is likelyhood of winning my cliam

tdlawyer :

If you can establish that the thing was missing, then I think you have every chance.

Customer:

ok thanks