13262538

Hi. Am I able to move house to another city in the UK, 60 miles

Customer Question

Hi. Am I able to move house to another city in the UK, 60 miles away, without informing the father of my children?
My name is ***** *****
How old are the children and what contact do they have with their father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The children are 6 and 7 and they currently see their father on Tuesday and Thursday evenings for supper and every other weekend.
I commute 60 miles to Cambridge and to London everyday and I would like to move to Cambridge with the children.
What contact are you willing to offer to replace the Tuesday and Thursday evenings after the move?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would be happy for him to see them every weekend instead of every other weekend
I am afraid that you will have to discuss the move with your ex since it will impact on his contact - and he is entitled to be consulted on the issue of the new schools
You should offer to discuss matters with him using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co,uk
He can apply for an Order to prevent the move but provided that you can deal with the contact issue the court is unlikely to stop the move.