LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Good morning, The garage carrying out work on behalf of

Customer Question

Good morning,
The garage carrying out work on behalf of our car insurance, have taken over 2 months to fix our car already. Each time I phone up enquiring on a completion date, i'm given a date and time which they fail to stick to.
This has been ongoing for 6 week's whilst the vehicle itself has been with them for over 2 months.
If someone could please advise what my situation is here that would be extremely helpful
Regards,
Andy
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I wll try to help you with this.

Customer:

Can you tell me what is wrong with the car and do you have a courtesy car under the insurance>

JACUSTOMER-jeg3an98- :

THank you.

JACUSTOMER-jeg3an98- :

The car was badly smashed up outside our house. We think someone had crashed into it overnight and we had to claim a substantial amount of repairs on our insurance. After several times of asking, AXA eventually provided us with a courtesy car for one month. We had to pay a further £60 for that and had to return it after a month. We have since been without a car. I also feel the courtesy car should be of a similar standard to our car which is an Audi TT. We were given a 107.

Customer:

Why do they say it is taking so long. Under Supply of Goods and Services Act 2003 you have a right to have services carried out with reasonable care and skill within a reasonable time at a reasonable cost. Is there some reasonable explanation as to why this job is taking so long.