12826847

Purchased a new car last thursday,unhappy took back today told

Customer Question

Purchased a new car last thursday,unhappy took back today told that i was unable to give car back as there is no cooling off period is that right or wrong please.
Did you agree a cooling off period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought a mandatory seven days applied across the board for any purchase. The volkswagen i bought has a thirty day or one thousand mile period, if not satisfied with purchase then provided you are within this specific period they will take car back but you can only change it for something of equivalent value. no such thing as money back

No, not at all.
Does that mean you didn't agree a cooling off period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i just need to know if there is a legally entitlement set out by law that i have seven days to return car and receive my money back

No.
If you do a deal in store then you are locked in immediately.
You can agree cooling off rights under the contract.
Also, if you do a deal entirely by distance then the DSR applies and that does give you cooling off rights. They do not apply to in store purchases.
Faulty goods are covered by the Sale of Goods Act but that does not apply if you have just changed your mind.