29905560

I joined a marketing and business promotion organisation, which

Customer Question

I joined a marketing and business promotion organisation, which included a thorough application process - i paid my money and was accepted. Months later...my membership has been suspended/ website taken down, until I comply with their request to obtain and supply to them a SAR or Basic Disclosure, as the org claims it is in receipt of 'anonymous information' about me. Can this org do this – it is not my employer and didn’t ask for a SAR or Basic Disclosure during the application process?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When you say you joined that organisation, in what capacity was that?

Customer :

Hi Ben, i run my own ltd company, the org is checkatrade.com and they host a website which advertises my business similar to tripadvisor for a hotel for example

Ben Jones :

Did you have a written contract with them and if so have you checked to see if there are any terms in it that deal with such a scenario?

Customer :

the app process was conducted in peson but with a laptop in a Q&A format - i wasn't supplied with a copy afterwwards but do not belvie i was asked if i had a record or that i might be asked in the furture

Customer :

on theire website they list t&c and a code of ethics which i must abide by...all of which i belive i have

Customer :

can an org who is not your employer 'black mail' you into provide such confidential data?

Ben Jones :

So I presume you pay them for their services? Does the contract say how it can be cancelled?

Customer :

Hi Ben sorry I'm using a pc in a public building and my session will expire shortly

Customer :

can i login later to continue this?

Ben Jones :

yes sure, I may not be online at that time but will respond as soon as I can after you have got back to me

Customer :

ok great thanks so just log out and when i log back in i can pick up this thread?

Customer :

(won't be today)

Ben Jones :

yes you can continue from where we left off, all of the above will be saved

Customer :

great thanks will see i i can get them to sent a copy of the online part of teh apllication process too...ta

Ben Jones :

no problem, thanks