12826847

How long does it take to get an arrest warrent expunged after

How long does it take to get an arrest warrent expunged after the outstanding fine has been paid ?
is this automatic ?
or do you have to apply to the court to get the arrest warrant removed from the records ?
An arrest warrant is not expunged. You have to hand yourself in upon it.
If this is a warrant for non payment of fines and you have subsequently paid then there is an outside chance that they may withdraw it but it is not all that likely.
If you have handed yourself in upon it and the issue is just that it remains on your record that you were picked up for non payment of fines then Im afraid that is not subject to removal from DBS. This is not like a CCJ that drops off your credit rating automatically after 6 years. This is a criminal matter and it will remain on PNC for life but drop off your DBS check after the passing of time depending on your level of checking.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo,
This is about my brother. He was arrested at Gatwick Airport yesterday, on his way to visit our brother in South Africa,. The warrant was issued for not responding to a summons. However, last Monday he surrendered to the court, & the case was dealt with. The warrant should then have been closed, but was not. Hence the arrest at Gatwick, a night in the police station, and another day wasted in court .
Will he be able to fly out tomorrow ?
Jill
If the warrant was resolved Monday then it should have been withdrawn. That does happen sometimes. That is just the police data base not being updated by the Court.
If they do not accept that then he will be put before the Court tomorrow and should be released when they check.
If so, he should be able to fly.