75100385

hi i was told about something that was going to happen in a

Customer Question

hi i was told about something that was going to happen in a tv programme not yet aired, by another person who had filming done at his site, i was on a open group on face book and made a mistake of writing what i had be told before it had been aired, realised what i had done and deleted it, what i wrote was that the tv company had planted something and was going to pretend to by it from the owner of the site where it had been filmed, this was then tagged to the presenter of the programme by some else, have i done anything that will leave me open to further action? thank you
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you said anything which is untrue?

JACUSTOMER-kp0pnfd7- :

hi no, i haven't said anything that is untrue to my knowledge, i wrote what i was told by the person that had the filming done at there site

Alex Watts :

Ok - then in that case you do not need to worry

Alex Watts :

Unless you have signed a confidentially agreement of any kind or said anything which is untrue then you do not need to worry

Alex Watts :

You do not leave yourself open in any way

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-kp0pnfd7- :

even though i have written what is going to happen in the programme, spoilt the viewings? i beleive in your answer alex thats fine, im a panic attack sufferer and am very on edge which is why i have emailed you reguarding this

Alex Watts :

Even if it has spoilt viewings, that is not illegal.

JACUSTOMER-kp0pnfd7- :

all my family have said this and my wife has even come home from work over this, i just needed the best advice which is why i have come to you alex, i thank you for your advice, and what a prat i am, i'm just glad theres nothing to worry about i just know if i was the presenter, i would be really annoyed if someone had written this especially as after i put it there were comments on the chat saying things like it would be a shame if there faking it etc, of course i never actually said they were faking it i "put later in the series they plant something in a car at a car breakers "named" and try to sell it to the owner "named"

Alex Watts :

Yes you do not need to worry.

Alex Watts :

If its true, then its fine

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

JACUSTOMER-kp0pnfd7- :

i dont see why the owner of the yard would have told me if it wasn't true, but what i was told by the owner i completely true, of course i would know if he was telling the truth would i? would that make a difference atall?

Alex Watts :

Indeed, I agree.

Alex Watts :

But as I have said, if what you are saying is true, that is all that matters.

JACUSTOMER-kp0pnfd7- :

sorry i made some mistakes in that last message, i take it you understood what i ment?

Alex Watts :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

But you are worrying for no reason

JACUSTOMER-kp0pnfd7- :

thank you for being so personnel in your response, very comforting, i feel much better alex thank you so much and merry christmas

Alex Watts :

Happy Christmas to you.

Alex Watts :

Can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi alex sorry to bother you again but i have in my mind when you say as long as its true do you mean as long as what i have written is true to whats going to happen in the show or as long as its true what keith has told me? i ask as i obviously don't know what happens in the programme as i have just been told by someone else

You still dont need to worry.
As long as its true what you were actually told, that is fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so as long as what i have written is the truth of what i have been told thats fine, correct? it doesn't matter if what the owner has told me is incorrect

Correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so if he has not told me the truth and it doesn't happen then thats fine?

Yes then its a matter for the other party.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

against him not me?

Yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you for settling me alex, sorry to be a pain, your a star

Happy to help.