13262538

I part own a residential boat with my soon to be ex-wife. I

I part own a residential boat with my soon to be ex-wife.
I want to sign my rights of ownership away to give her the full responsibility...it is all fully paid for...it is only the moorings etc that need to be paid per month.
Is it easy for me to do this?
Cheers
Darren Simmons
My name is ***** *****
How much is it worth and what other assets are there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The boat is worth about £25,000 and there are no other assets.
I want a completely clean get away...at the moment she is using the boat and the sale of it to have contact! So I just want to walk away from it...I'm happy to not get any money from it...I just want peace.
The boat is the only thing that still binds us...I just want to sign my rights of ownership away and be gone.
There are no debts or anything...it's just for peace.
Hope you can help...and provide a few phrases etc to write to get this done?
Cheers
Darren
How far has the divorce reached (and yes you are going to be able to do this)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's not really anything to do with divorce...as we are in the process of selling it...it's just taking too long and she is using it as a means of contact.
All I want to know...without divorce stuff...is whether it is legal for me to just sign my rights to any part of ownership away to her...that's all I need to know?
Cheers
Darren
Yes it is legal.
The most effective way is for there to be a final Order within the divorce proceedings
However if you simply cannot wait you can adapt a Separation Agreement to cover the boat
so something like
'we xxxx and xxxxx hereby agree that the boat (name) moored at xxxx will be owned solely by the said xxxxx who will be responsible for all the costs involved from the date hereof and will indemnify xxxx in respect of all such costs"
Then sign and date it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details