75100385

hi police have identified stolen parts on my car, the action

hi police have identified stolen parts on my car, the action they have taken is contacting the insurance company who are responsible for the car the parts came off and gave left it wits them to deal with what happens next to the parts on my car!. I was told by police that all the parts were stolen off a stolen car?!. how can I get proof of this? how can I get proof that the police are accurate on what they are saying??

How did these parts come to be on your car?

What is the value of them?

Could you please explain your stuation fully please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi my car was seized and impounded by police because the driver had no insurance. They released the car after I showed all legit paperwork. but then decided to keep the car in storage because my car was showing up on insurance ad a standard bmw es 320d but had full modifications of a bmw alpina. After 3 weeks I got a call to say all parts were off a stolen bmw, which was stolen before I bought my car.

so they decided to send all the details over to the insurance company that dealt with the pay out to the person who owned the bmw that was stolen.

police told me the insurance ate most likely going to want to charge me for all the parts.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am waiting for a reply???,

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you have the car repaired or was it purchased with the stolen parts on?
What are the Police saying the next step is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I bought the car with the parts already on the car. police are saying the next step is for me to sort out wit the insurance company how much they want to charge me for the parts as they now belong to the insurance company that paid out for the stolen vehicle that the parts came from

Do you still have the sellers details?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Ok. Sadly the Police are correct.
In order to sell the car including parts you need title. If the parts are stolen then the seller does not have title.
Once you have the value of cost and you purchase them from the insurance company, that forms your loss and you can take action against the seller. The seller is in breach of contract as he/she did not have title to sell the car including parts.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

but I think the police are lying about the parts all being from a stolen car! can i ask for full proof from them? proof that they are all from a stolen vehicle?

Yes you can ask for proof. But if the insurance company get in touch and say they are from other car, what then? Why would the Police make it up?
But of course you can ask for evidence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

police told me they had done full investight ion after keeping my car for 3 weeks and they told me there was a car stolen before I bought mine and all the parts from that car were put onto my car. This is a lie! as I purchased a bumper 2 months ago from eBay I also have proof. also alloy wheels do not have serial numbers so again how can they prove where they came from. There maybe 1 or 2 parts stolen but I think police have decided to chuck in all parts they clearly have not done full checks

If you have evidence of it then you do not have to pay the insurance company. You would simply supply evidence. In any event you can complain to the Chief Constable of the force and make a complaint.
Or you can issue proceedings in the High Court for this lie and seek a Judicial Review. That is where a High Court Judge examines their decision and lies and then decides whether to agree with their decision or remit it back for further consideration.
Can I clarify anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

o if police do not have proof of all the parts being from a stolen vehicle can i sue them? for lying to me and the insurance company..which I would of had to pay thousands to just to get my car back?!

No you can't sue them because you have not suffered a loss. If you had paid out and they lied then yes you could.
But you have not paid anything so no, you can't sue them.
I am sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So what can I do if the police have lied? will i still have to pay insurance? or will I need to speak to a chief about the release of my car?

You can complain to the Chief Constable about the complaint. If they have lied you wont have to pay the insurance and can get the car released.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience