13262538

My daughter has been divorced for about six years with agreed

Customer Question

My daughter has been divorced for about six years with agreed maintenance payments made directly to her for the full time care of her two children. This agreement is to continue while my grandchildren are in full time education, including a gap year. Their father is re-married with a new family and sees them for a few hours every two weeks. Is it legally permitted for him to pay these maintenance payments direct to the children, instead of to their mother, when they reach 18 years of age? We understand that this is his intention. The children are young teenagers (13 and 15 years old) and live with my daughter who caters for their day to day needs. I believe that this was not written into their divorce settlement agreement, so is her former husband within his rights and permitted to pay their maintenance direct to them when they turn 18 years of age? Thank you.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Maintenance is payable to the parent for the benefit of the children and payments made directly to the child does not count and if her ex does pay the children then your daughter can simply either apply to enforce the Order or make an application to the CMS (new CSA)
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your great service. Your information was just what we wanted to hear. Phew, what a relief! Many thanks.

You are most welcome - i am glad to have been of assistance