75100385

I have supplied a company with 500 chairs who have then re

Customer Question

I have supplied a company with 500 chairs who have then re sold them to there client who is not happy and demanding a refund, we supplied them with a sample which they approved and have asked them to return any damaged chairs so we can replace them but they are still not happy because the Middle man has not got his money
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me
Alex Watts : for now please let me know on what basis they are not happy?
JACUSTOMER-pkgg5wtj- : They say the chairs are not fit for purpose but they will accept half of them, they say the material is fraying and they are marked.. The wholesaler who purchased the chairs had a sample approved it and sent in a lorry to pick up the chairs and signed for them.i think the problem is he has not got paid and has give them credit.
Alex Watts : Ok. But your direct customer hasn't rejected them?
JACUSTOMER-pkgg5wtj- : The final customer has rejected part of them and wants the others replacing I have asked them to return the so called damaged ones so we can check them and if necessary replace them
Alex Watts :

Indeed I would.

Alex Watts :

As long as the sample complies with the batch there is no issue.

Alex Watts :

You supplied a sample, they accepted that.

Alex Watts :

Your customer (not end user) can only reject them on the basis they are not as described, fit for purpose or of suitable quality.

Alex Watts :

I would certainly have them back and not issue a credit/refund unless you are satisfied there is something wrong.

Alex Watts :

The customer simply can't just say, dont like them replace hald.

Alex Watts :

* half *

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-pkgg5wtj- : I have said to the customer return the so called damaged chairs and we will inspect and replace them but he is demanding we go to the university with another 200 chairs that he want us to unwrap and replace. He says 200 chairs are ok , 150 they are undecided on , which I don't understand that comment, and the rest are faulty.
JACUSTOMER-pkgg5wtj- : the university is not our client, the wholesaler s our client,.he hasn't got paid has give them credit and they have said they will try the chairs for a month if they don't meet there expectations they want to return them all ??
Alex Watts :

Your client can only return if faulty.

Alex Watts :

The University is not the end customer, so any contractual dispute is between them and THEIR supplier, not you.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/