UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I recently paid £46.16 to close my account with 3G UK Ltd as

I recently paid £46.16 to close my account with 3G UK Ltd as I was informed that I had omitted to give them the required 1 months notice of termination of the contract for supply of internet services. Up to that point I had been paying them £18 per month on what I thought was for a fixed term of 1 year. I was under the impression that the contract would expire by effluxion of time. Nevertheless I paid them £46-16 on the understanding that this was in full and final settlement . Despite this, some 2 months after paying the £46.16 I have now received via a debt recovery Company a demand for £11.85 which they tell me is for services received. I consider this to be most unfair but perhaps you will be so kind as to advise.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

You should write back to this debt collection agency and copy 3G UK Ltd. and inform them that your account has already been closed and that you paid 46.16 in full and final settlement and that you deny owing anything else and asking them not to make any further contact you with you regarding this matter.

After that, you should ignore the demand as it is not valid and it is very unlikely that they will do anything further.

May I help further?